The accommodation is located on the two lower floors of a large villa specially converted for use by wheelchair users and accessed via level entry and lift. It is located just outside Loule and offers spectacular views across the valley to the sea. Situated in a peaceful rural location close to an ecological zone. Nearest shops just 2 minutes drive away.
There are 2 twin wheelchair accessible bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms with wheel-in showers and grab rails. The master bedroom also has an electric profiling bed. A third ensuite bedroom sleeps 2 people in twin beds, but is not accessible. The spacious living room has terrace access and dining area. The kitchen is well equipped and also has terrace access.
The villa provides a hassle free holiday for the disabled wheelchair user. It has been adapted to suit people of all disabilities and learning difficulties - accessible transport is available.
- Otis Lift to ground floor and pool level
- Accessible airport transfer available. The van can carry 6 able bodied people and one wheelchair user OR 5 able bodied people and 2 wheelchair users (chair measurements permitting). So it is possible for people with a higher level of disability to get to the property.
- Adapted Berlingo available free to use with seating for 3 plus a wheelchair user. It has a manual gearbox and can carry one disabled wheelchair user and 4 other able bodied people. The wheelchair securing straps are simple to master and use. It is available to use as a run around within the Algarve region only. It is not for trips to Seville, Lisbon etc. Please ask about conditions of use.
- Pool hoist with seat or sling options (we recommend you bring your own slings if they have a loop style attachment).
- Electric height adjustable bed with head and feet up/down; bed sides and grab bar/monkey pole if required.
- Tempur memory foam pressure relieving mattress.
- Mobile electric hoist to get in and out of bed (we recommend you bring your own slings if they have a loop style attachment).
- Wheel-in wardrobes in both accessible bedrooms.
- 4 types of Commode / Shower chairs. One smaller wheeled shower/commode chair; 2 self propelled larger wheeled chairs (the slightly smaller one is more manoeuvrable than the other)and a tilting one with head rest support for anyone with upper body stability issues. Please state which you require.
- U shaped gel cushion for pressure relief on the shower chairs.
- Bed sides and bed blocks available by request.
- Front door 82 cm
- Terrace door (main access door) 82 cm
- Lift doors 80 cm
- All other doors to accessible rooms 75 cm
- Kitchen door to terrace area 72 cm (not essential for access to either)
- Bed heights 55 cm (bed blocks available to raise height by 7 or 15 cm approx.)
- The toilet heights are 44cm with the seat down, 42cm with seat up and we have a toilet seat raiser of 10cm thus making the height 52cm. Though all our shower / commode chairs go over them anyway if there is a problem with the height.
- There is a variety of equipment available at no extra charge, please enquire.
- Pool hoist - 140 kg, 20 stone
- Mobile hoist - 175 kg, 25 stone
- Electric bed - 180 kg, 26 stone
- Large self propelled shower/commode chair - 100 kg, 15stone
- Small shower/commode chair - 100 kg, 15 stone