Nautilus Bungalows - Self Catering Holiday Complex
The Nautilus Bungalows in Lanzarote are the first fully wheelchair accessible resort, suitable for disabled travellers, on the island of Lanzarote. There are 70 units on the complex, 45 of which are fully wheelchair accessible.
The 1 and 2 bedroom apartments each have a private terrace and courtyard. All rooms have ground level entry and are fully adapted for ease of access with doors 90 cm wide and and unobstructed turning space of 150 cm. The fully equipped bathrooms have wheelchair accessible showers with shower seat and grab bars by the raised toilet and in the shower area.
The kitchen is well equipped with an oven/grill, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, kettle and toaster.
There is no programme of evening entertainment resulting in a peaceful, tranquil environment. There may be an occasional concert by a professional performer. The complex is a “Conservation and Art” resort and advocates “Responsible Tourism”. You are asked only to use the bio-degradable shampoos and soaps provided free of charge in the apartments.
- Wheel-in shower
- Turning space of 150 cm minimum
- Grab bars at toilet
- Grab bars in shower
- Drop down shower seat
- Raised toilet
- Ramps throughout the complex
- Flat, easy to access showers near the swimming pool
- Adapted toilets near the swimming pool
- Fully accessible swimming pool, flat ground, without stairs or barriers
- Hydraulic pool chair enables easy access to the swimming pool. Handles up to 130 kgs of weight.
- Bedroom door width: 90cm
- Bed height: 50cm
- Free space under bed: 25cm
- Bathroom door width: 90cm
- Toilet height: 47cm