Crete is the largest of the Greek islands and is the fifth largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The 1,000 kilometer coastline is dotted with a wide selection of bays, peninsulas and hidden coves with soft, sandy beaches. The island abounds with the remnants of the ancient Minoan civilisation. There are several archaeologically significant sites to be found at Knossos, Gortys and other sites. The scenery is impressive with its abundance of mountainscapes, valleys and gorges. The architecture is classically Greek with beautiful villages dotted throughout the island. The Cretan cuisine tantalises the palate with its exquisite flavours. A holiday in Crete will delight the traveller on a variety of levels.
The Eria Hotel is a small 4 star establishment offering exceptional facilities to the wheelchair user with a small attentive staff.
Offering a choice of twin bedded rooms or Junior Suites, with accessible bathrooms and wheel-in showers, the hotel is fully wheelchair accessible throughout with ramps throughout the hotel and grounds.
The hotel has its own accessible mini-bus with a tail lift which will collect you from the airport (transfer time is 40 minutes).
- Wheelchair accessible rooms throughout the complex
- Roll-in showers in all rooms
- Grab bars
- Electrically adjustable bed.
- Trapeze bars (monkey poles)
- Emergency switch with safety cord
- Swimming pool with ramped entrance
- Pool wheelchair.
- Gymnasium with a number of adapted exercise machines.
- Equipment for hire (Electric wheelchairs, scooters and hoists)
- Physiotherapy can be arranged. Price on Application.
- Hotel wheelchair accessible minibus available for transfers to the local beach etc.