Close to Calais and within the area of the battlefields of the First World War and very close to the Belgian border, the north east region of France is an area of flat open plains and historic towns.
Places to visit in Le Nord:
- Museum of Rural Life, Steenwerck
- Bommelaers Wall Eco Museum, Ghyvelde
- Museum of Flanders, Cassel
- Matisse Museum, Le Cateau Cambresis
- Ornithological Park, Thumeries
- Liessies Abbey Park
- La Piscine Museum, Roubaix, Lilles
- Voluntary Nature Reserve of the old Esquerdes Gunpowder works
Converted barn built in 1936 and completely renovated in 2007.
EscoeuillesPas de Calais
A bright, airy gite in the centre of the village adjoining a second gite.
Read more about Escoeuilles
A newly re-built house close to Calais, adjoins a second gite
|Bathrooms||2||Pets Allowed||Yes (€)|
Well located between St Omer and Hazebrouk and close to the Natural parke of the region.
Read more about Renescure