There are several wheelchair accessible gites available in Normandy offering full wheelchair access to the mobility impaired. All gites listed have at least one ground floor bedroom and a wheelchair accessible bathroom with a roll in shower.
Normandy itself boasts a rich variety of landscapes, from its windswept beaches and their historical association with the Normandy Landings, to the lush pastoral scenes of wooded valleys and apple orchards in the Calvados area. Visits to the great abbey of Mont-St-Michel and Caen, with its links to William the Conqueror are a must.
Stunning conversion of a former farmhouse with its own private pool. Ideal for family groups
Detached house close to owner's B&B. Ideally located for Lisieux
|Bathrooms||3||Pets Allowed||Yes €|
A renovated barn 15 minutes from the Normandy Beaches.
Accessible converted farmhouse, all on one level, located in a complex of other gites, close to Falaise.
Close to the coast and great for the town of Bayeaux and the Normandy Beaches.
Etreham - wheelchair accessible gite
Beautifully restored house within 10 minutes of the beach
|Bathrooms||1||Pets Allowed||Yes €|
Comfortable well equipped gite with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
A typical long-house adjoining the owner's property, tastefully renovated.
More about the wheelchair accessible gite at Dampierre
One of several gites on a farm estate. Three of the gites have been fully adapted for wheelchair users.
A beautiful gite, originally part of an ancient farm in a small village and ideal for visiting the best attractions in Normandy .
Things to do in Normandy
- Normandy Beaches (2014 was the 70th anniversary of the D-Day Landings)
- Bayeaux tapestry
- Caen is only 20 mins from Falaise,
- Nice canals and shops Big Mall near Caen
- Local markets and supermarkets
- Le Mans motor museum and race track excellent day out, very wheelchair friendly
- You could make Paris for a day return - trains, direct from Caen, take a little over 2 hours
Visitor Attractions with Tourisme et Handicap Label
- Chateau Vascoeuil - gardens, sculpture park, art museum.
- Roman Dig Site - discover how people lived in a Gallo-Roman village
- Utah Beach - Discover more about the Normandy Landings
- MuMa - Museum of Modern Art
- Giverny - Impressionism Museum, home of Claude Monet
- Busnel Distillery - find out how Calvados is made!
- La Cite de la Mer, Cherbourg - Nautical museum